“It wouldn’t surprise me if these latest price increases won’t work out as well as previous ones,” – Mark Stiving
This is part one of a four-part series with pricing expert and Pragmatic instructor Mark Stiving. Each new episode will feature a case study on current pricing trends.
In this episode of Pragmatic Live, Rebecca Kalogeris, VP of marketing for Pragmatic Institute, interviews Mark about the streaming wars and more importantly, subscription-model pricing.
Netflix increased its pricing at the start of 2022 by $1 – $2 per month depending on the selected plan. Additionally, they are testing how to charge more for “sharing” accounts with friends and family who live in different places.
- How do we get different customers with different willingness to pay to still buy our product?
- The risk of offering ad-supported cheaper versions
- Why “good, better, best” options work so well in subscription services
Want to Learn More About Pricing Strategies?
Pragmatic Course: Pricing | $1,195
Learn more about pricing segmentation in the Price course. You’ll also learn how to determine market value and how to maximize your profit while minimizing discounting.
You’ll be introduced to several pricing tools including:
- Product Portfolio Worksheet
- Isoprofit Tables
- Pricing Ownership Matrix
- Value Matrix
Pragmatic Learning Network: Accelerate Your Subscription Business | $500
Pricing expert Mark Stiving brings his expertise on subscription models to our Pragmatic Learning Network to help product teams improve their subscription businesses and drive growth.
In this self-paced course, students will learn:
- The three revenue buckets and how they drive prioritization
- The three levels to pull to create and capture more value
- Which growth strategies are best based on the life cycle of a product
- The four ways to grow revenue from a single customer