“Tell customers to be honest and give them the freedom to tell you the good, the bad and the ugly, because you will learn so much.” – Zack Wenthe
Zack Wenthe, customer data platform evangelist and senior technical product marketing manager at Treasure Data, recommends organizations start to leverage data to create a better emotional connection with customers. Consumer behavior has changed post-pandemic and brands now have to keep up by creating an emotional connection with their customers beyond just traditional advertising.
In this conversation with Chris Richardson, Zack explains that a true understanding of customers requires breaking down silos between teams and operating more efficiently, as well as creating meaningful profiles of customers that are deeply grounded in data. This means understanding how consumers interact with the brand, how customers make decisions emotionally and leveraging data to create meaningful decisions.
So how can companies use data to create a more effective marketing strategy?
- Create a center of excellence around customer data
- Have cross-functional conversations about what the organization is collecting, what they want to achieve and what gaps need to be filled
- Ensure marketers and other team members know their objectives before asking for data from engineers
- Measure success over time and test different variations of content based on emotional triggers while monitoring who’s buying or clicking through the most
Don’t miss out on this captivating conversation – hit play now to discover valuable takeaways that will reshape your perspective on consumer data.
Want to dive deeper into this topic? Check out the resources below for insights on harnessing the power of data to make informed decisions.
- Article | The Path to Data Democratization
- Article | Communicating Data to Non-Data Teams
- Article | Leveraging Data as a Tool for Business Growth
- Podcast | Using the Right Strategy to Transform Raw Data Into Business Gold
- Podcast | Lost in Translation: Overcoming Communication Barriers Between Data and Business Teams
- Podcast | Why Data is a Business Asset and How to Measure Its Value
Empower Your Leadership | Data Science for Business Leaders
Stay ahead of the curve in today’s data-driven world – learn to collaborate seamlessly with data professionals, unlock actionable insights and drive impactful decisions for your organization.
With our expert instructors and interactive curriculum, you’ll learn how to think strategically about data and apply data-driven insights to real-world business challenges. Register for Data Science for Business Leaders and elevate your strategic thinking with data.