Product teams that are market and data-driven can connect with their customers in more meaningful ways. We conducted a small poll to learn where product professionals hit roadblocks on their data journey.
Here are the results:
So to help, we’ve gathered 31 excellent tools to make collecting relevant data, analyzing it, finding insights and communicating with stakeholders a bit easier.
Gathering Relevant Data
Data is everywhere. The trick is finding the data that matters and ignoring all the noise. The goal is to center your collection efforts on what helps your company reach its goals. We’ve outlined some data questions you might have and some possible tools that could help you find the answer.
What is the customer journey for our product?
1.Smaply provides a visual mapping tool that allows businesses to create interactive and detailed maps of the customer journey.
2.UXPressia provides tools for analyzing touchpoints, or the various points of interaction between the customer and the company.
3.FullStory allows businesses to create conversion funnels that show the steps users take to complete a specific action, such as making a purchase or signing up for a service. This can help businesses identify which steps in the conversion process may be causing users to drop off or abandon the process.
What is the overall customer sentiment towards our products, and how does it vary across different channels and customer segments?
4. Qualtrics provides tools for creating and sending customer feedback surveys to help businesses understand customer satisfaction levels, overall sentiment and areas for improvement. These surveys can be customized to ask specific questions that allow companies to understand the customer experience.
5. UserTesting provides video recordings of user interactions with digital touchpoints, providing a detailed view of how users interact with the experience. These recordings can help businesses understand user sentiment, pain points and areas for improvement.
6. SurveyMonkey provides tools for measuring NPS, which is a widely used metric for measuring overall customer sentiment.
“Where are users clicking?” or “How far down the product page are people scrolling?”
7. Hotjar is a user behavior analytics tool that helps website owners and marketers understand how visitors interact with their websites. Hotjar uses features such as heatmaps, visitor recordings and conversion funnels to provide insights into customer behavior on a website.
8. Mouseflow provides insights on clicks, scrolls and form submissions.
9. Crazyegg is a heat mapping and user behavior analytics tool that allows marketers to visualize customer behavior on their websites and identify opportunities for improvement.
10. Mixpanel is a user analytics tool that allows marketers to track user behavior and engagement across different channels, including web, mobile and email.
“How many product page visits did we get last week?” or “What are our most popular product pages?
11. Google Analytics is a free web analytics tool that provides detailed insights into website traffic and user behavior. It’s also the industry leader in capturing this kind of data.
12. Kissmetrics is another user behavior-tracking tool that focuses on customer engagement and retention. It allows businesses to track customer behavior across multiple devices and channels and provides insights into customer lifetime value and churn.
13. Amplitude Analytics is an analytics product designed specifically for product managers. It provides product teams with real-time insights into user behavior and product performance.
Which messaging elements have the highest conversion rates?
14. Customer.io is a behavioral messaging platform that allows product marketers to create targeted email and push notification campaigns based on customer behavior and preferences.
15. Optimizely is an enterprise-level A/B testing platform that offers website optimization, personalization and experimentation features.
16. Kameleoon is a conversion rate optimization platform with A/B testing and personalization features for testing and optimizing web pages. Kameleoon also uses machine learning algorithms to analyze user behavior data and identify patterns to help predict the likelihood of a visitor converting.
17. VWO‘s personalization features allow businesses to target specific messaging to different audience segments based on their behavior, preferences, or demographics. Businesses can increase relevance and engagement by tailoring messaging to specific audience segments, ultimately driving more conversions.is an A/B testing and personalization platform that allows marketers to test variations of webpages, pop-ups and other website elements.
What are the market trends and competitive landscape for our product?
18. Google Trends is a free tool from Google that allows you to see the popularity of a search term over time, as well as related search terms and topics. It can help you identify current market trends and topics related to your product or industry.
19. SEMrush is an all-in-one digital marketing platform that offers competitive analysis tools to help product marketers research their competitors and identify opportunities for improvement.
20. Ahrefs Site Explorer helps you analyze your competitors’ websites and find insights such as domain authority, backlinks and traffic. And the Content Gap tools enables you to find gaps in your content compared to your competitors.
21. Sprout Social‘s social listening tool helps you monitor social media conversations about your brand, products and industry. You can also track hashtags and keywords related to your competitors. This will help you identify emerging trends and customer sentiment.
22. Mention this tool also helps you track competitors and market trends on social media by building alerts for their mentions and relevant hashtags.
Data Analysis Tools
After you’ve captured relevant data, the next step is to analyze it. Data can be complex and contain noise and outliers, making it difficult to extract insights. So it helps to visualize the data with charts and graphs to make it easier to understand. Here are some visualization tools that may help with this next step.
23. Tableau provides various interactive data visualization tools, including charts, graphs and maps. This allows businesses to visualize their data clearly and meaningfully, making identifying trends, patterns and outliers easier.
24. Looker‘s intuitive interface makes it easy for non-technical users to explore data, visualize data and ask ad hoc questions without relying on technical support or coding.
25. Zoho Analytics allows multiple users to collaborate on real-time data analysis and visualization projects. This enables teams to collaborate on complex projects, share insights and findings and make better decisions based on a more comprehensive data view.
26. SAP Analytics Cloud provides businesses with powerful data modeling capabilities to create reusable data models, define business logic and maintain data consistency. This platform also leverages machine learning to provide businesses with insights and recommendations based on their data. This enables companies to quickly identify patterns and insights that may be difficult to detect with traditional data analysis methods.
27. Chartio gives businesses powerful SQL querying capabilities to manipulate data and analyze complex data.
You can capture, analyze and find valuable insights, but without buy-in from key stakeholders, these insights won’t have any impact. Communicating and sharing product marketing insights is as important as collecting and analyzing them. Here are some tools to help product marketers share their data-driven stories effectively.
28. Miro is a collaborative whiteboard platform that product marketers can use to quickly share visual insights, brainstorm ideas and collaborate with team members. It supports real-time collaboration and user feedback for product marketing projects.
29. Canva is an intuitive and user-friendly design tool with templates and drag-and-drop features that product marketers can use to create visually appealing presentations.
30. Slidebean allows businesses to create custom infographics that can be used to communicate data insights in a visually engaging way. One of the key AI-powered features of Slidebean is the Automatic Design feature. This feature uses machine learning algorithms to analyze the content of a presentation and automatically applies design principles to create a visually appealing layout.
31. Visme allows you to embed and share presentations easily on websites, social media and other platforms. This can help to increase the reach and impact of data insights. Additionally, this platform provides analytics on how stakeholders engage with presentations.
Pragmatic’s Insight Course
Do you want to learn a grounded, actionable approach to incorporating data into product practices and decisions? Pragmatic’s Insight course will teach you to employ a scalable and repeatable process for successful data projects. The tools and methodologies you learn in this course will help you strengthen roadmaps, go-to-market plans and presentations.