“It’s essential that whoever we work with—and in whatever way we work—we foster inclusion at every step. And when I say inclusion, accessibility is a tiny part of it…Inclusion has so many more dimensions.”
Aleksandra Melnikova is an experience designer, strategist, speaker, and co-founder of Cosmic Velocity—an inclusive research, UX and service design agency in London. She joins Design Chats with guest host Erin Thibeau for a conversation touching on everything from Holacratic governance to Buddhist philosophy.
Aleksandra talks about the values driving her agency’s work, the “beautiful and ever-changing” world of inclusive design and leadership as a service. Aleksandra also shares examples of activities she’s facilitated to build culture and foster diversity and inclusion—both in her team and in client engagements.
Listen as Aleksandra and Erin discuss:
- Coming to a definition of inclusion by first discussing exclusion
- Three ways that practitioners pursuing inclusive design and research can set themselves up for success
- Why Cosmic Velocity partners with other agencies rather than pitching against each other
- Leadership models, mindsets and frameworks that reject hierarchy
- How she helps designers envision a different future by detaching from day-to-day tasks and entering a play environment
- …and much more