“Outcome-focused is aligning digital teams with the rest of the business. So we all work together to go in the same direction. Outcomes are the results of your activities. It’s where we test and learn. We move forward with continual improvement to solve the problem. The alternative to that is the feature factory.”
Neil has a background in broadcast media and eventually shifted gears to work at Amazon, where he learned the basics of personalization. Neil has worked for several large UK companies in the food industry and has found his passion in the food space with Mindful Chef. As a digital leader, he develops digital strategies and roadmaps with a customer-centric, omnichannel mindset for long term growth and engagement.
Rebecca and Neil discuss:
- How focusing on outcomes builds trust between design teams and other departments in the organization
- How to measure if an outcome is achieved or if progress is made
- Building alignment between product and design
- How to start thinking about business outcomes not just customer outcomes
- How to move toward an outcomes-focused model faster on your team and in your companies
Do You Want To Become An Outcome-Focused Designer?
In Business Strategy & Design, you’ll learn how to align your design work with business outcomes and measure the value of design in relation to business objectives. Gain the skills and confidence to participate in strategic conversations, improve cross-functional partnerships, and demonstrate return on investment.