Watch Pragmatic Institute’s Design Practice Co-Director Jim Dibble and Product Instructor Amy Graham join host and VP of Marketing & Product Strategy Rebecca Kalogeris for “Leverage the Power of Design.” The Product Chat took place over Zoom on January 12, 2021. The two experts shared their best advice for leveraging your organization’s design resources to work more strategically toward a successful product. See a few of the topics they covered below:
- Overcoming tension and misunderstanding between product and design teams
- Advocating for design resources
- Partnering with UX designers on NIHITO research
- Crafting user personas and applying them throughout the product life cycle
- Framing problems vs. goals
- Creating “How Might We?” statements for ideation
For more insights on the above topics and more, check out these great resources.
- Artifact | “How Might We?” Statements Template
- Article | From the “Black Box” to the Sandbox: Advancing Product Management and Design Collaboration
- Article | Building Product Strategy with Design Thinking
- Article | Ask the Expert: “The Designers I Work with Keep Asking Me to Bring Them in Earlier. Should I?”
- Podcast | The Importance of Design for Product Managers
- Podcast | How to Build a Stronger Partnership with Design
- eBook | Exploring Design
And learn how to leverage design to create intuitive products that solve market problems and exceed user expectations in our new course Design!