This is part four of a four-part series with pricing expert and Pragmatic instructor Mark Stiving. Each new episode will feature a case study on current pricing trends.
In this episode of Pragmatic Live, Rebecca Kalogeris, VP of marketing for Pragmatic Institute, and Mark discuss the immersive Star Wars experience that comes at a premium price.
“This story is all about price segmentation. Disney doesn’t need to sell to everyone who comes to the park—just a few people.” – Mark Stiving
- The reason why people buy the $6,000 hotel room at Disney: Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser
- Why Mark thinks the hotel Room is underpriced
- How comparison helps the buyer justify pricing structures
Want to Learn More About Pricing Strategies?
Pragmatic Course: Pricing | $1,195
Learn more about pricing segmentation in the Price course. You’ll also learn how to determine market value and how to maximize your profit while minimizing discounting. You’ll be introduced to several pricing tools including:
- Product Portfolio Worksheet
- Isoprofit Tables
- Pricing Ownership Matrix
- Value Matrix
Pragmatic Learning Network: Accelerate Your Subscription Business | $500
Pricing expert Mark Stiving brings his expertise on subscription models to our Pragmatic Learning Network to help product teams improve their subscription businesses and drive growth. In this self-paced course, students will learn:
- The three revenue buckets and how they drive prioritization
- The three levels to pull to create and capture more value
- Which growth strategies are best based on the life cycle of a product
- The four ways to grow revenue from a single customer