“Businesses in the long term and people in the long term are better off strategically if they act in a way that people can trust” — Kirsten Martin
In this episode of Data Chats, Chris Richardson interviews Kirsten Martin about how to approach data from an ethical lens.
Kirsten is the William P. and Hazel B. White Center Professor of Technology Ethics and a professor of IT, Analytics, and Operations in the Mendoza College of Business at the University of Notre Dame. Her new book is called Ethics of Data and Analytics and she is also the host of Tec Talks, a podcast about the impact of technology on humanity.
- Where to find the latest information on ethics in data
- How to integrate ethics into business decisions involving data
- Future trends for regulation
- New ethical questions that data is provoking
- The questions data professionals can ask to help improve data projects and ensure the work is ethical
Data Science for Business Leaders
This course teaches you how to partner with data professionals to uncover business value, make informed decisions and solve problems. Learn More
Business-Driven Data Analysis
This course teaches a proven, repeatable approach that you can leverage across data projects and toolsets to deliver timely data analysis with actionable insights. Learn More