“What continues to be the biggest struggle for product people is the amount of time spent on the day-to-day that does not enable them to spend the time on the strategy… Unfortunately, we are just often bogged down by the tyranny of the urgent,” – Rebecca Kalogeris
Join host Charles Topping in this reflective episode as he talks to Rebecca Kalogeris, the former Vice President of Product at Pragmatic Institute (and the current Product Chat Podcast host). Rebecca shares her unique insights into the world of product management and Pragmatic Institute’s evolution.
During this episode, they explore:
- Pragmatic’s Legacy: The transformation from a small visionary idea into a global institution, driven by consistency, passion, and deep knowledge of a market problem.
- Challenges in Product Management: The ongoing struggle to balance daily operations with strategic thinking and the consistent issue known as the “tyranny of the urgent.”
- Reflections on Career and Industry: From the rise of agile and SaaS to personal career decisions, reflections on changes, growth, and the intersection of product and brand.
- Pragmatic’s Alumni Connection: The powerful alumni base makes Pragmatic’s community unique and engaging.
- The Art of Writing: Rebecca’s journey as a head copywriter, the secret to good copy, and the joy of crafting precise positioning statements.
Unlock Your Product Potential with Pragmatic Institute’s Courses
With a history of shaping product professionals and fostering team alignment through consistent training, Pragmatic Institute offers a suite of courses and an ecosystem of resources to elevate your product management skills. Dive into market-driven decision-making, value-based pricing, and more. Learn from an institution is passionately committed to product excellence.