The Pragmatic Marketer: Volume 4 Issue 2
In this issue:
- A Fact-Based Approach to Outsourcing for Product Managers
The word outsourcing invokes fears of the unknown, of losing jobs, of losing competitive advantage, and of losing intellectual property. At some point in your product management career you will be asked to outsource part of your solution. Before you become paralyzed with fear, ask some critical questions.
- Surviving Product Management
For all the goodness of product management, there are the challenges too. This article offers some lessons learned through a career that includes product management roles at several high-tech companies.
- The Content-Free Buzzword-Compliant Vocabulary List
How many times have you read marketing materials for software that did not contain any real information? Here is a list of meaningless buzzwords and ways to avoid them.
- Book Review: Cashing In with Content: How innovative marketers use digital information to turn browsers into buyers
- Degrees of Ability: Hiring Into Product Management
What do you look for when you want to hire an ace product manager to champion your product and move forward relative to the competition? Read on for a discussion of what to look for to find a good product manager, and questions to ask to better judge whether they are product manager material.
- Case Study: Quest Software
Rock-Solid Marketing Captures Mindshare and Market Share for 100+ Software Products.
Looking for the latest in product and data science? Get our articles, webinars and podcasts.