Thinking about becoming a data scientist, but don’t know anything about Python?
Want to get a firsthand look at one of the most powerful tools in data science?
Want to see how your understanding of the basics of Python stacks up?
Then you need Pragmatic Institute’s Intro to Python. This LIVE, 3-hour introductory primer gives you a hands-on look at Python to help you begin your journey into data analytics and other data science techniques.
Our data science experts will introduce you to the fundamental concepts in Python that are used by today’s leading data scientists. After the session, you will be able to:
- Begin to understand how to write and run Python code for data analysis in data science notebooks, including data cleaning and reformatting, exploration, analysis
- Understand the fundamental open-source data science libraries in Python and their roles, strengths, and weaknesses for data analysis, including: NumPy, Matplotlib, scikit-learn, & more
Who Should Attend
- If you’re interested in data science and want to learn essential data science skills
- If you’re new to Python and don’t know where to start learning
- If you’re a data analyst, economist or researcher who works with large datasets and wants to make analysis easier and more effective with Python
- If you’re interested in taking Pragmatic Institute’s data science curriculum
To achieve the greatest benefit from this primer, attendees will need:
- Basic technical skills and a comfort with computers
- Some experience using computers for analysis and repeated tasks (formulas or macros in Excel, for example)
- A computer or laptop with internet access.
What You'll Learn
In this three-hour primer, you will learn the basics of Python and begin understanding it’s strengths, weaknesses and roles in data science by working with and developing your own code.
Data Analysis Tools
Machine Learning Example
Ready to take on the future of data?
How does someone become a modern-day data scientist for one of the biggest digital companies in the world?
Check out this podcast featuring Becky Tucker, Ph.D., senior data scientist at Netflix. See how she got her start and wound up at the world’s largest streaming service. Listen now
Read more about what other students have done with their data science education on our sister company site:
Data Science Curriculum
The data science curriculum from Pragmatic Institute is designed by data scientists to help you enhance and expand your data science skills using a hands-on approach with live code and real-world examples and datasets.
Learn more about our entire data science curriculum