You Might Be a Product Manager If… (2011 version)
- You might be a product manager if your wedding included a PowerPoint presentation.
- You might be a product manager if you stack rank your children.
- You might be a product manager if you ask your kids “what problem are you trying to solve?” when they ask for a new toy.
New entries this year, from the team at Pragmatic Institute include:
- You might be a product manager if you’ve ever A/B tested invitations to a party – Rebecca Kalogeris
- You might be a product manager if you and your spouse refer to your chores as a backlog @sjohnson717
- You might be an (agile) product manager if you decorate for Christmas in short sprints @barbaragnelson
- You might be a product manager if you calculate the opportunity cost of hiring a maid or lawn service @ptyoung
Add your own in the comments below, or via Twitter on the #YMBAPMI hashtag. I’ll update this post as they come in, and the best one will get a copy of TunedIn! Happy Holidays from everyone at Pragmatic Institute!
If you’d like to connect with me in-person, the best places are at a training that I’m leading or at a ProductCamp. I will be leading a Practical Product Management training in Orange County, California on January 23-25, 2012. I will also be at ProductCamp Austin on February 18, 2012.
Looking for the latest in product and data science? Get our articles, webinars and podcasts.