What's a feature?
When Daniel Shefer asks, "What's a feature?" the answer depends...
- Marketing--A feature is what we need to increase market share.
- Sales--A feature is what we promised the customer to close the sale.
- Business Development--No idea what a feature is but we're sure we can partner with someone to find out.
- QA--If we can't auto test it, it's a bug.
- Development--That's not a bug, that's an undocumented feature.
- Support--A feature is a rope given to customers to hang themselves with.
- Services--A feature is one more thing to customize.
- The CFO--A reason to increase the price of the product.
- The VC--A feature is a barrier to entry that you set up to prevent competition from entering the market.
- Customer--The feature is what I asked for but not what I really needed.
Looking for the latest in product and data science? Get our articles, webinars and podcasts.