Sales enablement: critical to product launch success

55% of companies rank sales enablement as critical to product launch success

According to the “Business-to-Business Launch Survey Executive Summary” conducted by the Center for Business Innovation at Babson College and Schneider Associates, 55% of companies rank sales enablement as critical to product launch success. I guess for the other 45% of companies their product must sell itself.

Yet if you’ve seen how sales enablement training is conducted at many companies you’d walk away with the impression that it isn’t sales enablement training at all but training on product features.

If you want to enable your sales channel to be effective at selling the product you’re planning to launch, focus on training them about buyers, their buying criteria and how they prefer to buy. Your primary tools are the buyer persona profile and interacting with real potential buyers in the wild. Sitting around a table and hypothesizing with your colleagues about buyers and their hot buttons is wasted time.



David Daniels

David Daniels


(0) Comments

Looking for the latest in product and data science? Get our articles, webinars and podcasts.