Technical people think all numbers should be knowable. How many guitar players are there? How many CDs will The Alternate Routes sell in 2009? What percentage of the U.S. has more than one mobile phone? Sometimes we can get the number we need from an analyst service; sometimes we'll have to make an educated guess. If you need 'em, here are some amazing stats on the internet. Some of my favorites:
- 1.3 billion – The number of email users worldwide.
- 210 billion – The number of emails sent per day in 2008.
- 70% – The percentage of emails that are spam.
- 53.8 trillion – The number of spam emails sent in 2008 (assuming 70% are spam).
- 186,727,854 – The number of websites on the Internet in December 2008.
- 31.5 million – The number of websites added during 2008.
- 1,463,632,361 – The number of Internet users worldwide (June 2008).
- We had visitors from 308,000 different IP addresses
- 21,000 downloads of our magazines (all issues)
- 13,000 downloads of my e-book, The Strategic Role of Product Management
- 12,000 attendees to webinars
Looking for the latest in product and data science? Get our articles, webinars and podcasts.